Elements of Money
Elements of Money is a program designed for members ages 13 – 17. We understand that teens live in a world of social media, mobile apps, streaming audio and video and, of course, the web. That’s why we use these same channels to communicate with our Elements of Money members!
Elements of Money's interactive website combines technology, education and social media to make access to the following information easy and right at your fingertips:
- Monthly podcasts
- Quarterly promotions with prizes and incentives such as scholarships, gift cards and music downloads!
- Financial articles
- Education modules
- A no minimum balance, no monthly charge checking account that allows you to write up to four checks/month at no cost
- Additional checks are $.50 cents each
- One box of free checks per year
- ATM card or debit card with no annual fee
- First student credit card
- Elements of Money members can open a Certificate of Deposit (CD) with just $100.00 – $1000.00 and earn a higher rate of return than a share account
How to Sign Up
To join Elements of Money, members simply need to open a share (savings) account with a $5.00 deposit.
Questions? Call our toll free number (877) 895-6840 or e-mail info at hrcu dot org.
Additionally, we are excited to be working with Banzai!
Banzai! is an online interactive financial literacy program that is used in the classroom. It provides meaningful content using real-life scenarios that engages teenagers and doesn’t cost a dime for educators. Learn more here!