National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Insurance
- NCUA insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
- Shares at HRCU are insured up to $250,000.
- Generally, if a member has more than one account at HRCU with the same ownership, those accounts are added together and insured in the aggregate.
- You may obtain additional separate coverage on multiple accounts, but only if you have different ownership interests or rights in different types of accounts.
For more information on NCUA insurance coverage, please click here.
Excess Share Insurance (ESI)
- HRCU provides an additional $250,000 of deposit insurance coverage through ESI Corporation, a private insurance company.
- This partnership allows HRCU to provide additional security to our members and their assets.
- Members exceeding the maximum level of coverage of $250,000 provided by NCUA are also insured up to an additional $250,000 by ESI.
For more information on ESI, please click here.
For other questions on share insurance and ways to structure your account to maximize your coverage, speak to our Member Support team at (603) 332-6840.